Who We Are
Native Hawaiian Roots, Global Reach
The most highly skilled and specialized staff in the industry, proven and in-place management systems, and the ability to respond to our clients’ global needs help make DAWSON the strategic choice.
Dedicated to Making a Difference
DAWSON is a Native Hawaiian-owned business enterprise headquartered in Honolulu, Hawaii with offices across the U.S. and operations worldwide. Since 2004, DAWSON has provided innovative and cost-effective solutions to the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and other U.S. Government agencies. Core services include Construction, Environmental, Munitions Response, Logistic Services, Information Technology, Cyber Solutions, and Health Services.
Our roots extend back to 1994, when founder Christopher Dawson started Dawson Environmental Services with the goal of bettering Hawaii’s environment and making a positive impact in his home community. 25 years later, DAWSON continues to build upon our founding principle of being in business to make a difference. Rooted in the Hawaiian values of aloha (embodying compassion, respect, and care for all) and ‘ohana (family), DAWSON is committed to making a positive impact in the Native Hawaiian community and in other communities we serve across the globe.
Hawaiian Native Corporation
The parent organization of DAWSON, The Hawaiian Native Corporation (HNC) operates as a nonprofit community impact organization and is funded by the economic engines of the DAWSON subsidiaries. Founded in February 2004 and controlled entirely by Native Hawaiians, HNC is recognized by the Department of Defense under federal statutory authority as a “Native Hawaiian Organization” (NHO) and is certified by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
The HNC is committed to preserving and perpetuating the unique history, culture, language, and natural environment of the Native Hawaiian people. The HNC was established to promote four key areas vital to the Native Hawaiian community:
- Create a sustainable beneficiary stream for indigenous Native Hawaiians.
- Provide support to, acquire, and to mentor other Native Hawaiian Organizations.
- Identify, train, and employ Native Hawaiians to equip them for future self-sufficiency and economic independence.
- Educate all communities about Native Hawaiians.
Its subsidiary companies are SBA Certified Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO) owned small businesses. Current HNC subsidiary companies include the following:
- Dawson Technical, LLC – Native Small Business
- Dawson Federal, Inc – SBA Certified Native 8(a) SDB
- Dawson Solutions, LLC – SBA Certified Native 8(a) SDB
- Dawson Enterprises, LLC – SBA Certified Native 8(a) SDB
- Dawson Global, LLC – Native Small Business
- D7, LLC – SBA Certified Native 8(a) SDB
- Aktarius, LLC – Native 8(a) Small Business
- B&H Contracting Company Inc. – SBA Certified Native HUBZone Small Business
The HNC owned companies have offices in Hawaii, Guam, Texas, Alabama, California, Colorado, the District of Columbia, Florida, New Jersey, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.
Native Hawaiian Organization Association
The Native Hawaiian Organization Association (NHOA) was founded in March 2007 to unify NHOs, as defined by the Small Business Administration, and their for-profit 8(a) subsidiaries, and to facilitate their economic growth and that of the community, by promoting community programs, ensuring excellence, and adhering to the highest standards of business ethics.
The NHOA educates the public on the benefits and positive impact of its member organizations and serves as a coordinated voice in building alliances to create economic opportunity for Native Hawaiians. The NHOA works closely with its members, Congressional members, affiliate organizations, community partners, and Federal agencies to advance the program and the opportunities it provides to businesses and the community.
For more information on the NHOA, please contact Lani Dawson-Arena at email@example.com.
Commendations"DAWSON has been a valued solutions provider to the US Navy and I highly recommend them to other clients who are looking for a contractor that is filled with great people to work with.” - Richard Keener, Contracting Officer, Naval Facilities Engineering Command Pacific
A Legacy of Community Service
Beadie Kanahele Dawson, Director of DAWSON’s parent organization, the Hawaiian Native Corporation, has spent her entire life serving the Native Hawaiian community and the people of Hawaii. This same dedication to serving our community is entrenched in the DAWSON culture. Inspired by Auntie Beadie’s life of community service, each year DAWSON organizes our National Day of Service in honor of Auntie Beadie. On this one day, hundreds of DAWSON team members and volunteers come together to serve more than a dozen communities throughout the U.S.
As a Native Hawaiian-owned small business, our community giveback initiatives principally benefit the Native Hawaiian community but also extend to other communities where we live and work. From in-kind services to charitable contributions, DAWSON’s work extends far beyond the workplace.
Through our business activities, DAWSON creates a network effect of economic advancement in the Native Hawaiian community.
The DAWSON team provides in-kind support to a number of organizations in Hawaii with volunteer hours plus donations of materials and equipment. Among the Hawaii organizations we’ve supported with in-kind services:
- Lunalilo Home
- Native Hawaiian Organizations Association (NHOA)
- Native Hawaiian Advisory Council to the US Army
- Protect Kaho‘olawe ‘Ohana
- Hakipu‘u Learning Center
- Hale Kealoha
- Polynesian Voyaging Society
- Kealakehe Elementary School
- Keiki O Ka Aina Family Learning Centers
- Mālama Kupuna Iwi & Hika‘alani
- Hi‘ipaka, LLC – Waimea Valley
- Hui Aloha
- ‘Ahahui o nā Kauka – Association of Native Hawaiian Physicians
DAWSON provides financial support to numerous organizations benefiting the Native Hawaiian community, including:
- Iolani Palace
- Hawaiian Word of the Day on Hawaii Public Radio (HPR)
- Lunalilo Home
- Polynesian Voyaging Society
- Bishop Museum
- Pu‘uhonua Society – CONTACT
- Honolulu Museum of Art
- Honolulu Biennial
- Historic Hawai‘i Foundation
- The Queen’s Medical Center
- Native Hawaiian Chamber of Commerce
- Council for Native Hawaiian Advancement
- MA‘O Farms
- Paepae o He‘eia
- Papahana Kuaola
- Na Kama Kai
- Chef Hui x Aloha Harvest #FeedthepeopleHI
- Hoʻāla ʻAina Kūpono
900 Fort Street Mall, Suite 1850 Honolulu, HI 96813 | Phone: 808.536.5500