Real Property Audit Readiness
DAWSON supports our federal clients in their pursuit of achieving and maintaining real property audit readiness by complying with mandates established in the Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) Guidance. Our teams of subject matter experts provide direct audit readiness support for real property at any stage, from acquisition to retirement or disposition. Additionally, DAWSON provides audit guidance and support for the creation, execution, monitoring, and closure of Sustainment, Restoration, Modernization program projects.
Our real property audit readiness support functions are performed by teams of subject matter experts in the following areas:
– Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) Guidance
– Chief Financial Officers Act Compliance
– Financial Reporting and Accounting Services
– Internal Controls and Processes
– Real Property Management and Reconciliation
– Sustainment, Restoration, and Modernization (SRM) Support
– DoD Instruction 4165.70 “Real Property Management”
– DoD Instruction 4165.06 “Real Property”
– 10 U.S.C. 2805 “Unspecified Minor Construction
– UFC 3-460-03 “O&M: Maintenance of Petroleum Systems”
– 11 U.S.C. 2811 “Repair of Facilities”
– DLAI 4165.02 “Sustainment, Restoration, and Modernization (SRM) of Facilities”
– DLAM 4165.02 “Sustainment, Restoration, and Modernization (SRM) of Facilities”
– DoD 7000.14 FMR Volume 1, Chapter 9, “Financial Records Retention”
Active or recent contracts supporting Real Property Audit Readiness:
DLA Energy Audit Services
CLIENT: Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Energy
SCOPE: Comprehensive real property inventory audit readiness efforts, providing a book-to-book, book-to-floor, and floor-to-book reconciliation for DLA Energy. Inventories encompassed approximately 185 sites and reconciliation of over 4,500 DLA facilities.
BOID and Real Property Support
CLIENT: Fort Benning Directorate of Public Works’ (DPW) Business Operation and Integration Division (BOID) and Master Planning Division
SCOPE: Provided support in all phases of planning, programming, and sustainment of real property assets and their records as housed in the General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS). Supported the Chief Financial Officer’s Act (CFOA) Tasker for audit readiness by performing detailed analyses and reconciliations of asset files and GFEBS records for 7,000 Real Property assets.
Acquire to Retire (A2R) Real Property Support Services
CLIENT: Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Disposition Services
SCOPE: Facilitated DLA Disposition Services Acquire to Retire (A2R) compliance, real property internal controls, accurate reporting of real property assets, identification of adequate evidential matter (EM) supporting real pretty completeness and existence, audit liaison activities, and A2R training. Performed comprehensive onsite asset assessment.
Personal Property & Equipment and Strategic Planning Support
CLIENT: Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Headquarters (HQ)
SCOPE: Validated existence and completeness of real property inventory for all enterprise activity assets. Performed analysis and classification of the United States Army Corps of Engineers Comprehensive Inventory and Assessment Program SharePoint database. Categorized, formatted, digitized and uploaded over 250,000 real property data files for over 18,000 assets.
900 Fort Street Mall, Suite 1850 Honolulu, HI 96813 | Phone: 808.536.5500